Friday, March 05, 2010

Pomodoro!

I've been feverishly subscribing to blogs recently after I realised I'm only really reading channel9.

I've got so much reading to do it's unreal. I've got through about 50 .NET posts so far and I've got 50 more to go, before I'm caught up. I've also got about 50 PHP posts to read too.

In my .NET blogs I came across this entry: You say tomato i say pomodoro at the developing for .NET blog. The post outlines a simple way to help manage your time effectively. It has inspired me to create a little timer app and a todo list app.

The timer app is really simple: it's a picture of a tomato with a button on it that minimises the app to the notification area and sets a timeout period. Once the period is reached (the length is set in the config file) then the app pops back up and plays a sound at you. I've put the code over at GitHub: code for Pomodoro timer.

The todo list app is equally simple, just a list view and list item entry controls. On close it writes to a file. The source is also at GitHub: code for To Do List.

update

I've uploaded the binaries for each, so you don't have to compile them!

To Do List executable
Pomodoro executable

No comments: